So 2014 marks my ten year anniversary at Twisting the Hellmouth and my fourteenth year writing fanfiction. I've dedicated 2014 to writing for fun. Writing for me. Writing for my readers. Shh... don't tell work (boring academic journals can wait a year or so). Here is the current status of things in order of highest priority:
- Building Blocks (BtVS X SG1)- my little take on a real family story. This is turning into a much more plot-centric tale than I expected, but as a result I'm excited about where some of the characters are taking me. I'm particularly jazzed about writing Spike and, once it makes sense, more Buffy/Jack interactions.
- Life of the Party (BtVS X Anita Blake)- well, after a nearly eight (!) year sabbatical, I reread pretty much every crossover with Anita Blake I could get my hands on, left a few more pathetic reviews on Hell's Handyman, and decided to put my big girl pants on and write on this story again. And I did. I wrote the new chapter in two hours flat. Now, don't mistake me- I tried to write the same chapter about once a month for the last seven or so years. I actually was pretty determined that I had written myself into a corner and then suddenly, the characters slapped me upside the head. It was lovely.
- These Darkened Days (BtVS X Harry Potter)- my super dark take on what would have happened if Voldemort took over. Since I killed off most of my main characters before the story even started, I'm in an interesting place where I'm putting characters together I might not have been inclined towards. This one is something of a dark horse story for me- I can feel that it is going to big, and slow, and hopefully epic. Really epic. I mean, evil Harry Potter. EPIC.
- Gee, Thanks for All the Love (BtVS X Harry Potter)- another random real family story. This one probably has a few chapters left. Not sure what chapters, but a few.
- Assassination Attempt (BtVS X Mercedes Thompson)- I think I accidentally created this crossover genre with my story. This one is almost done. It needs one epilogue chapter. The only issue is, I have writer's block on it. I've started writing it and deleted it about fifteen times. Buffy meets the Marrok. That's all I got. Sometimes she's pregnant, but then it gets too mushy and weird.
- Everything else is on hiatus in my mind. I might eventually post a notice to this effect, but we'll see.